Lemon Drizzle Cupcakes
Prep time: 15 minutes
Cooking time: 12-15 minutes
250g caster sugar
250g self raising flour
6 tbsp milk
grated zest of 2 lemons
3 large eggs
For the lemon syrup
juice of 2 lemons
125g caster sugar
To finish, icing sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 190 ºC, Gas 5.
2. Place all the cake ingredients in a mixing bowl and beat with an electric hand whisk for 3 minutes.
3. Butter a 12 hole deep muffin tin or line with 12 cake cases and spoon the cake mixture evenly between the cases or straight into the muffin tin.
4. Bake for 12-15 minutes until the cakes are well risen and firm to the touch.
5. Gently warm together the lemon juice and sugar until the sugar is dissolved.
6. Prick the cupcakes with a skewer or fork and pour over the lemon syrup.
7. Leave until cold then turn the cakes out of the tin and dust with icing sugar.