Plum & Almond Tart
200g plain flour
125g chilled butter
2tbsp icing sugar
For the frangipane
200g caster sugar
2 large eggs
200g ground almonds
5-6 ripe plums, cut into halves, stones removed
25g flaked almonds
To finish, icing sugar, for dusting and half fat crème fraîche
1. Preheat the oven to 200C Gas 6.
2. Place pastry ingredients in a food processor and process to fine crumbs. Press crumbs into the base and sides of a 23cm flan tin.
3. Bake blind at 200ºC Gas 6 for 10-12 minutes.
4. For the frangipane, beat the butter and sugar together in a bowl until light and fluffy. Crack the eggs in one at a time, beating well after each addition. Add the ground almonds and mix well. Set aside.
5. Spoon the frangipane into the pastry case and arrange the plums evenly over the frangipane and scatter with flaked almonds.
6. Bake for 30-40 minutes, remove from the oven and allow to cool slightly. Dust with icing sugar and serve warm with whipped cream or crème fraîche.